Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Vince!

This is a little late, but I wanted to wish Vince a happy birthday! I have always thought of him as the perfect son. I was so proud that he was able to put himself through school with scholarships and part time jobs. I'm pretty sure he graduated completely out of debt!

Vince loves to fish. I remember one time when he was about five. Our family was asked to speak in Sacrament meeting. He was too young to read, so I bribed him with a fishing trip if he would memorize his talk. Years later, I came across the talk. It was long! It must have been at least a half of a typed page. But he did it!
When Vince was a yongster, he was the friendliest little kid. Whenever we went to the park, he immediately made friends with anyone he saw.








Vince received his eagle scout award when he was 13. Quite an accomplishment, don't you think?!







Vince was a leader in high school. He was liked and respected by his peers as well as many of his teachers.





Vince served a mission in England. It was a hard mission; in fact, his mission was combined with another mission right after he left, so he was one of the last missionaries to serve in the Bristol, England mission.






Vince has made a great effort to support each of his sisters in the important events of their lives. I think it was hard for him not to have brothers. I am so grateful that Meagan has a lot of them!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VINCE!

1 comment:

Babzanne Barker said...

Yay Vince! And Happy Birthday (a few days late.) I always thought that Vince was the perfect nephew, too. I always was so grateful that he would let his little cousin Daniel tag along when we'd come to visit.