Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sasha's Baby Shower!

Today, Mickala and I gave Sasha a Baby shower in Vernal. After the food (which turned out quite well, if I do say so, myself!) and after the fun little shower game (which I created myself and which was also quite fun...Marlene packed it up and took it home with her to use at Marlie's shower, much to my delight) and after we had already started opening presents, I remembered that I should have been taking pictures.


So, the "Wilhelm Women" came to the rescue and busily began snapping shots so that we would have something to remember this day by. Thank-you, Marlie and Marlene! What would we do without you!



We were squished in pretty tight, and they couldn't move around much while she was opening presents, so most of the pictures have Tarra and Cindy and Tarra's adorable little baby boy in the background.
I love this picture of Sasha and her dimple.
This is some of Jason's family. The little boy is Hunter; he was being born the day that Sasha and Jason got married. His grandma (in the pink top) was busy helping with the reception food that night and had to slip away early.
Doesn't she have a cute little baby bump?! Unfortunately, there is not too much room in there for the baby...they are monitoring some percentages...I don't undertand it too well...she is supposed to be at 50%, but is only at 11% and if she drops to 10% they may have to take her early. She is not due until the 16th of July so I am hoping that she can squeeze out a little more room for our baby.

This blanket was hand pieced (not by me!) and I knew that Sasha would truly appreciate the work that went into it. You can also see the "Baby Jeopardy" game that we played, although all the point cards have already been removed. Below it, is the piggy bank that was filled with each correct answer.
Look who "crashed" the party!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what a great baby shower it was...i was very impressed with the game mom came up with all by herself...and the veggie pizza and little weenies were great hits as well....thank you mom and mickala..it was Great!!!

Babzanne Barker said...

Oh, I wish we could all have been there! What a fun time.

ALL ABOUT US said...

The shower was SO much fun! My stomach hurt by the time we left from laughing so hard. The baby game you came up with was so creative and such a blast. I'm so excited to play it again at my baby shower. You did a great job Linda and Mickala!!!

Kristalyn said...

It looks like so much fun, I really wish that I could have come! Sasha is so cute and I hope her baby comes soon so she can be more comfortable and have a little time to adjust before the reunion...hopefully they are still planning on coming! :)