Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Amazing Race!

I tried posting this a few days ago, but managed to make a mess of things. I have tried to turn off the high-lighter but cannot figure it out. I guess I am stuck with it! Here it is, again, with a few changes



Oh my! Has it really been 4 weeks since I last posted? Mike says it's high time I got on this. Hopefully, I will one day get to a catch-up post to let you in on the past four weeks, but, today I just want to fulfill a request that my kids keep making that I will let them know the agenda for our Christmas time activities.



Christmas Eve

The day will be very unstructured, but dinner will be at 6 followed by preparations for the Christmas Eve program which will start at 8 p.m. After the Nativity, I am inviting each family unit to prepare a short (1-2 minutes) song or story or scripture or picture that has to do with the true meaning of Christmas. Even with seven family groups, it should only take 15 minutes. Please?!






Christmas Day

Socks and Santa followed by breakfast. Both teams need to be ready for the Cook-Off at 2 p.m.




Saturday, December 26

We can sleep in, but not for too long, because I have so much fun planned for this day! We are going to split into teams and play The Amazing Race! I am having a blast planning the clues. The reward will not be a million dollars, but a million memories. You will love it.




Sunday

Church goes from 11:00 until 2:00. We have been telling all our new ward friends about our kids, so I hope you will all plan to attend so we can show you off.

Lights on temple square that night




Monday

Kristi got us tickets to Let's Make A Deal in Las Vegas! I will arrange for babysitters for anyone who wants one, but you need to be thinking about what you plan to wear. Chuck thinks we ought to have one person dress up like a farmer and everyone else come as pigs. Dad has requested that someone please think of something else! I do know that they are kind of picky about what they let through...one lady came dressed as a referee and they conviscated her whistle!




I am excited to see you all. I love this time of year. I think our Heavenly Father must be very happy to see families gathering together throughout the world. As we celebrate the birth of our Savior, I am especially grateful for the sure knowledge that He made it possible for us all to be together eternally.

7 comments:

Annie said...

We'll need to squeeze in some time for a big family service project. I'm bringing lots of papers that need to be corrected!

Mike said...

I have a can of lighter fluid to help with your service project. We can invite neighbors over to have a marshmellow.

Aspen said...

Christmas Eve...you do know that only half of your kids will be there by 6:00 right? I'm not off work until 2:00 and I've been told that Reems and Squires will both be behind me in their travels.

Chuck is fired from ever making a family decision again, which may be exactly what he was trying to do. Why do we need to dress up? I've never seen this show before so I don't know what's going on.

If we are suggesting service projects I have a 2 year old I was hopping to potty train over Christmas...

AJ and Cindy said...

I am jealous you have tickets to Lets Make a Deal!! That sounds so fun, how did you get the tickets??

Kristin. said...

Umm, there was no mention of the canning project. The Reems family needs sugar!!!!!!
Kristin and Chuck are still up in the air on when they'll be making it on Christmas Eve. But there is a HUGE possibility that it's going to be much later than 6 o'clock dinner time.
Cindy, I went onto the website and signed up for tickets. They emailed me the paper tickets.

kristin.

Annie said...

Aspen, you should watch an episode or two. We had never seen it, either... http://www.cbs.com/daytime/lets_make_a_deal/

Mom, we probably won't be there until around 9 or so, but you don't need to wait for us for dinner. I'm planning on making Russ stop at In-n-out on our way into town. Also, who are the "ducks" we'll be staying with upstairs??

Babzanne Barker said...

I love all your plans and think I'm going to steal some of your ideas for next year!