Wednesday, October 13, 2010

As promised, and two days early, Elder Gage!

2 Months
2 Birthdays
2 Goodbyes
Too, Too Hard!
This is Elder Gage, with President Halleck.
Elder Gage celebrated his birthday here in Samoa. It was the second time I have been present for a missionary's birthday celebration.

If you look close, there are 21 candles on the cake!
On November 8th Elder Gage was released and went home.
That was exactly 2 months to the day from the time Elder Merrell and I arrived in Samoa.
Two months to become totally attached to one of Heavenly Father's finest.

Elder Miller, Elder Gage and Elder Chappell
A day or two before he left, I eavesdropped on a phone conversation. (We shared the same office, so it was pretty much impossible not to overhear phone converstions) He was talking to one of his investigators. He did a lot of listening, too.
That is how Elder Gage is. Not pushy, just interested. His personality reminds me a lot of Bishop Tolman. Those of you who knew Bishop Tolman will know what a huge compliment I have just paid Elder Gage. (For the rest of you...trust me...it was huge)
Good-bye, Elder Gage. Ou a iloa e moni le Tusi a Mamona!
(I did that without peeking! Pretty good, right?!)


No comments: