Thursday, June 9, 2011

Trip to American Samoa, part 2: (This one's for you, Dad)

While in Samoa, one of the things we have missed the most is MILK.  It comes packaged here in such a way as to be able to store it on grocery shelves.  I had to spit out the first drink I took of it.  My exact thought was that there's no way that horrible tasting liquid could come from a cow! 

Little by little, we have grown more accustomed to the taste.  We can eat it on cereal and we can get it down when mixed with Hershey's chocolate.  I use it for cooking. On occasion, I have craved it so badly after eating a cookie that I will hold my breath and take a big swig of it, straight. 

So, we were surprised and delighted when we discovered that American Samoa has REAL milk!

Heaven to our taste buds...truly one of the best parts of the trip!
(I know this will make my dad happy to read, even if he can't see the pictures)
 

2 comments:

Annie said...

My favorite photo of you two!

Carr Family said...

I have to agree with Annie...The two of you Really look SO Happy!