Saturday, July 23, 2011

Old-Timers

DISCLAIMER:  We started this post several weeks ago and have had an awful time getting the video to load at the bottom of the post.  Since it was the best part of the whole post, we didn't want to give up putting it on the post.  Well, that does not seem to be happening, so we want to send you to our facebook pictures instead. 

A couple of weeks ago (when I started this blog), it occured to me that Mike and I were no long the "new kids on the block". 
Almost overnight, we had graduated to "old-timer" status.

It began when we said good-bye to these wonderful friends...

 
And to these...

 
Although we had  known each other for less than ten months, it was long enough to establish eternal bonds.  We just LOVE these guys! 

Elder Eves with his hat and Sister Eves with her smile!  Their transportation and housing responsibilities took them all over the islands.  Sometimes I envied them their opportunities to be out among the missionaries and the Samoan people.  They sensed this, I am sure, and invited us along for the ride on many occasions.  After several hours on the road, we always gained a new appreciation for what they did day after day after day.  And we never envied their bicycle repair shop!

The Eves taught us a lot about being instruments in Heavenly Father's hands.  Each day, they would pray for missionary experiences. I am quite certain that they prayed themselves into many places where they were needed.
  Note to the Eves.  We visited Benjamin yesterday and he looks great!  You would be thrilled to see the progress he is making.


President (now Elder Haleck of the Second Quorum of the Seventies) and Sister Haleck.  Some of the finest people in the universe.  Due to the nature of our calls, we didn't get to hear a lot of over-the-pulpit-talks from either one of them.  But, oh!  The lessons they taught by their actions!  And I particularly enjoyed the private, one-on-one visits I had with Sister Haleck.  She is just such a good person!
I love this picture.  I wish I could explain how I felt as I carefully cropped out everyone but Sister Eves and Sister Haleck before I snapped the shot.

They truly are "sisters".
When we had the last seniors' Family Home Evening for the Eves and the Kellys, it was very nice...

But it was nothing compared to the going-away festivities for the Halecks!

Sister Sua had a hard time during the first song
These two just had a great time!

And last, the best of all, they say...  (Friend us on facebook if this didn't load) 





No comments: