Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Yellow Dress!


Just when I thought I had seen it all, the annual visiting teaching convention rolled around.

When I arrived, the front row was filled with sisters wearing yeallow caps and gowns. Guess why?!


Because they had achieved 80%  or better visiting teaching for the year!


Here is Brother To'a congratulating his wife as she holds up her certificate.

And here is Brother Talaipa congratulating Sister Talaipa.

Sister Etuale and Sister Ruth (who was baptised right after we got here) are all smiles. 

This is one of my most favorite pictuers!  Don't you love the ulas they have around their necks! Yes!  They are made from fresh flowers.

Here is a sister who didn't qualify for the yellow cap and gown, but she still wanted her pictue taken with her certificate.


So did Sister Iese. Brother and Sister Iese are some of the most dedicated members of the ward.



I had so much fun taking these pictures! 
Sister Naea and Sister Joseph, the Relief Society President and her first counselor.  I love these two women.

As at most Visiting teaching conventions, there were lots of inspirational talks about visits made and visits received by visiting teachers.  At the end, Bishop Joseph gave a talk.  Mostly in Samoan, but he did say in English that he expected even more sisters to get to wear the yellow dress next year.  And   I found myself being inspired to be a better visitng teacher when I return home!   (Only in Samoa!)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im thrilled with all this Mike and Linda, you two are amazing. Wow I got a facebook message form my niece in NZ that she found Tirahs picture from Pesega lua blog on google so I had to serched and wow. . .Im a proud man indeed. Thank you so much, May the Lord continue to bless you teo and your family.