Sunday, February 3, 2008

"Sadie Is 3" and Chemistry!


Each time I make a new post, I have to teach myself all over again, how to do it. And, sometimes, my life gets so busy that I simply don't have the extra time (or desire) it takes to spend relearning how to make a post. The last couple of weeks have been spent on two very time-consuming projects. One of them has been much more fun than the other, but both have been rewarding, in their own ways.

The first has been a book for Sadie's 3rd birthday. I am using the Heritage Makers program that we used for Grandma's 75th birthday book. Kristi has helped me edit pages and added some wonderful touches to make it better. Aspen uploaded some great pictures. I plan to order the book tomorrow, so that will free up more time for me.

The second project has been to try and relearn high school chemistry, so that Mickala (and I) can pass this class. She got behind last December when she had so many problems with her tonsils (followed by a tonsilectomy the day after
Christmas) and it has been hard for her to catch up. So, I finally decided I better try and learn it so I could teach it to her. I have never been so frustrated! I kept thinking, "I loved chemistry in high school! What is wrong with me that I cannot make sense of it, now?" But, bit by bit, a few pieces have come back and we are both hopeful that the two of us have finally learned how to balance chemical equations. We will find out this week as she retakes a big test.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ha, i think that subjects really get harder as the years go on. I mean, my mom got an A in algebra. Oh, and I was wondering, do we have any relatives that were in the confederacy or revolutionary war? My mom said to ask you :)

Annie said...

We can't wait to see pictures of Jamaica...