Tuesday, January 22, 2008

January is a Great Time to Visit Disneyland!


We discovered something on our spur-of-the-moment trip to California last week. January is a great time to visit Disneyland! There are nearly no lines at all and the weather is quite mild...especially if you leave three feet of snow and below zero temperatures. It did get a little chilly at night and we had to wear jackets, but I'm not complaining!


We stayed at a motel with a "kid suite" which meant we had two rooms and two bathrooms! (Mickala and Karissa were pretty pleased with that.)


Splash Mountain is still one of our favorite rides. Mike and I rode it twice, along with our other favorite ride, It's a Small World. (Okay, it's only my favorite ride, but he was a very good sport to ride two times with me.) My favorite new ride is Soaring Over California.


We also found a place that serves delicious clam chowder in a soup bowl, with outdoor seating right next to a river overlooking California Adventure. I loved it at night with all the lights. I could have eaten two bowls of soup and stayed there for another half hour if we hadn't already been late to watch the parade, for which we were able to get the best seats we've ever had.


The only thing that was missing was some of the rest of our family. It made us look forward to the next family reunion.


5 comments:

Diana said...

How fun! I am so jealous. I love that picture of you guys on Splash mountain!

Annie said...

I love Soaring Over California, too! What a great ride. I'm glad you guys had fun on Splash Mountain. That's a great picture. Who's the mystery person crammed in the back of the log?

Aspen said...

I still can't believe that you didn't take all of us! And you call yourself Grandma! I love Soaring Over California..and Indiana Jones...and Pirates...

Babzanne Barker said...

That was a wonderful blog! We're hoping we really do get those tax rebates from the government so we can go too!

Anonymous said...

Excuse me...!!!...who is the one that pointed out just two weeks before the news of you planning this trip that we had not been to disneyland in years and we would much love to go....!!! i have learned now to keep my mouth shut when i want to do something with you people around...