Saturday, May 10, 2008

THE HINCKLEY CHALLENGE

At Aspen 's suggestion, Mike and I both took the Hinckley Challenge to read the Book of Mormon in 97 days...one day for each year of the prophet's life. I am pleased to say that we both finished, and that it was a great experience. We gained so many insights.
For Mike, it was an increased awareness of the cycles that are repeated again and again...peace, prosperity, pride, contention, wars, destruction, repentance and peace again. (When we don't learn from history's mistakes, we tend to repeat them.) For me, it was an increased desire to be a good mother and grandmother. I realized what a huge influence our parents are too us, in determining if we choose good or evil and I was impressed with the responsibility I have to nurture my family members.

No comments: