Saturday, May 10, 2008

WHAT DO THESE TOWNS HAVE IN COMMON?




What do Lewiston, Idaho; Logan, Utah; and Vernal, Utah have in common? According to Outdoor Life Magazine, they belong to an elite group....The Top 200 Towns for Outdoorsmen!
Lewiston is ranked #2, Logan is #12 and Vernal is #23. The list is the product of 3 1/2 years of research.
Inspired by Vernal's newfound fame, Mike and I went to the McConkie Ranch and took a self-guided tour of the Indian petroglyphs this afternoon. We completed the first part of the hike in about 15 minutes and then noticed a sign that said better petroglyphs could be seen up ahead. I am so glad that we took the extended tour because the view was spectacular and the petroglyphs truly were amazing! I wish we had taken a camera with us. The pictures I posted I took from the Discover Dinosaurland magazine that came in the mail.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Since you've lived in Lewiston and Vernal isn't it only fair you try Logan next?!