Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Kris! (Don't think you're getting out of a 50th birthday tribute!)

Today is my sister's birthday. She would have been 50. The pictures I have are pretty random, but I do have many wonderful memories...Mostly I remember how beautiful she was, inside and out.

...and how close to the same height we always were! I think the height thing keep us close when we were kids.

Cute cheerleader! This was taken close to the time that she met Rob.


Family photo taken in Salt Lake. Notice Kris's bushy hairdo. (This is supposed to be a roast, right?)


This was taken the night before Mike and I were married. It's hard to believe that three of those people have passed away. The Tolmans were such an important part of our lives. I'm sure Kris was one of the first to welcome back both Bishop and Dorene.


Beautiful Bride!




I love this picture! (it was taken in Vernal) Look at Kris's countenance. Pure love!





There's her smile!


We don't get there too often, but I love that Kris is buried in Annabella. It is such a peaceful place.



I "borrowed" this picture from Jamie's most recent blog. As I read the touching story of her precious little Brielle, it gave me great comfort to know that, counted among the many loving friends and family members, Kris is also watching over these two.

Well Kris, that's all for now. We never got to see you age. I imagine you would have done it the same way you did everything else...with grace and dignity...and a smile on your face.

"Sure do love ya!"

6 comments:

Babzanne Barker said...

What a lovely tribute! And such great pictures. .....I did notice however, that in that picture the night before you and Mike got married, that Mike is looking awfully worried! And actually, so is Mom!! haha

AJ and Cindy said...

What a great tribute! I loved all the pictures! that one picture of you and Auntie Kris with my mom where she is freakishly taller than both of you made me laugh so hard!

Jamie W said...

Very beautiful. Thank you.

Diana said...

What a sweet post. I have few memories of Aunite Kris, but those that I do have are always of her smiling and being so nice to me =) I have to agree with the picture of you guys at the beginning. How was my mom that much taller then you guys! I had to click on it to make sure it was really her

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

That was a wonderful tribute. I didn't know you had a sister that had passed away, I am so sorry. I could really feel the love in that post that you have for her. Thank you for your wonderful example.

Kristalyn said...

What a wonderful tribute! I thought that my mom was one of your boy cousins in that first picture until I clicked on it lol. She's not really that tall now, that's so funny that she was back then. :)