Thursday, December 13, 2012

Visit to Lewiston for Mom's 80th birthday


I flew to Lewiston to see Mom and Dad earlier this month.
 
I loved the decorations that Dad put up!
 
I was there in time to watch mom open the last of her basket of birthday gifts from the Barker, Merrell and Stevenson families.  Mom really had fun with this and would often ask dad if she had opened her presents for the day yet. 

Each afternoon, we would go for a drive to look for "critters".  There are several deer behind those weeds.  Most nights we counted 20-40+ deer! 

Here's another picture of mom opening her gifts. 

This was my favorite picture.  I took it as mom and dad were kneeling on the couch, looking outside at the rain. 

We had a wonderful visit with Uncle Bill and Betty.

Dad and I made mom a pink lemmonaide cake with fudge frosting.  It was delicious!  I have been looking for the cake mix here, but have not been able to find one.
 
 
 
I had a great visit!  I feel so blessed to have such wonderful parents.  They have always put family first, and continue to do so "long-distance" now that the long drive has become more challenging to make during winter months. 

2 comments:

Kristalyn said...

How fun that you could be there for her birthday! We are all so lucky to have them in our lives. I wish I could see them more often. That is so neat that you saw so many deer!

Babzanne Barker said...

I am so grateful that you could go and visit Mom and Dad! I loved being there and miss them so much. It looks like you had such a good visit--your pictures are priceless!