Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Another favorite place in Jamaica: Negril





We were told that we had to make the day-long trip to Negril to watch the sunset. Our cab driver stopped at several places along the way, to show us interesting sights. This is Mike in front of an old, old cannon that was used to protect against foreign ships trying to come ashore many years ago. It reminded me of some places Vince took us to see in England.







This is a fully functioning high school. Mike took the picture to show Mickala.







We got to watch the cliff divers jumping into a very deep lagoon.
They would pass around a hat, for donations before one jumped.




Then, we ordered dinner and got to watch the most beautiful sunset in all the world.



Beautiful as they are, the pictures don't do it justice. Words can't describe it either. It was truly breath taking. Oh, and, while I am still learning, don't you think I am getting good at downloading pictures? I had two really great teachers. Thanks, Annie and Kristi.

2 comments:

Annie said...

What a great trip! I'm a teeny tiny bit jealous. I can't imagine taking an all day taxi ride, but it sounds like a fun adventure.

Babzanne Barker said...

I am so impressed that you are so good at downloading pictures!! What a wonderful trip!