Sunday, March 2, 2008

Jamaica; Part 2

Okay, if I can master that incredibly difficult task of inserting the President Hinckley challenge into my blog, then surely I can manage adding pictures. I'm going to try it again. I'll start with pictures of our hotel. It was called the Royal Decamaron and the beach had the absolute most beautiful sand I have ever seen before.







This is a picture of the hotel staff getting ready for one of three weddings that took place while we were there. To give you an idea of how hard they worked to keep the sand clean, we actually saw them putting the sand through a very large sifter, to get rid of any debris.










This is the inside of our room. We were so lucky to get a ground floor room that opened right out to a small patio which led directly to the pools and beach.










One of my favorite places in Jamaica was this little cafe we stumbled on when we were out shopping. Cool Runnings was playing on a big screen tv and the food was delicious, although a bit too spicy for Mike.











After we ate, we asked our server to take a picture of us, standing in front of the original
bobsled! He was happy to oblige and afterwards, he told us to go ahead and climb inside!

So we did!
Okay, you cannot imagine the difficulty I am having uploading pictures. I am going to end this post and try again, later. Annie, I am still waiting for those instructions. (Or anyone else who dares try!)

6 comments:

Kristin. said...

Go look at my last blog...

kristin.

Kristin. said...

To print the blog and only that blog... scroll to the bottom of that blog. And click on "3 Comments" ...like your going to post a comment. Then at the top of all the comments you'll see the blog title "How to Post Photos- Mom!" in Orange. Click on that! It will bring up JUST that blog. Then go to File then Print, in the drop down menus.

Kristalyn said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun! I wanted to comment on your President Hinckley challeng post, but for some reason, I'm not seeing a place to comment. That's a good idea to start where you already are...I just might copy that idea. Was the challenge from the institue teacher to read 10 pages every day indefinitely...or was it for a certain length of time? TEn pages seems like kind of a lot, but if you get all of those blessings you listed, it would deifnitely be worth it! :)

Kristin. said...

Chuck saw your blog up this morning and thought it was so cool that you got to go to the Jamacian Bobsled Cafe!

kristin.

Babzanne Barker said...

What a wonderful trip! It looks like you had so much fun. And I"m so impressed at how you were able to include pictures in your blog! Y

AJ and Cindy said...

That looks like a lot of fun, did you know Cool Runnings is my all time favorite movie!