Thursday, March 27, 2008

PHOTO CONTEST!


In case any of you hadn't noticed, I'm going to let you in on an observa- tion I have made...It has been years since I have seen a truly flattering picture of myself. One would think that with all those weddings last year, the Christmas and Easter celebrations, and the recent interest in posting pictures on blogs that someone could have captured some of my natural beauty and stunning good looks. Well, if such a photo exists, I haven't seen it.
So, at the risk of sounding vain, I am announcing a photo contest, and encouraging everyone to enter. I am requesting photos that actually make me look good...in the following categories:
1. With a smile on my face.
2. Of the slimming variety.
3. Capturing my good nature and personality.
4. With my entire family together in the same picture.
I will even be daring and add a final category...
5. Most original (please be nice).
The contest will go until I have found a winner in each category, or until my 80th birthday, whichever comes first. I will have to come up with some prizes, but they will not be of the monetary kind, because that seems too much like a bribe; entering this contest must come from your heart.
So, I look forward to hearing (and seeing) from you!

6 comments:

Babzanne Barker said...

What are you talking about Linda??!! that picture you posted is gorgeous and definitely fits your first three categories!

Linda said...

Note to Babz: The picture I posted was the picture I was referring to when I said it has been years since I had a good one. It was taken in 1984 when we lived in St. George.

AJ and Cindy said...

hahaha I love the one at the top of the post! and I am going to dig through all my pictures to find one!

Babzanne Barker said...

I feel much better!! I really thought it was one you had just taken and I was wondering why you looked so much better than I do, when we are only fifteen months apart. If this works out for you maybe I'll do a contest of my own. :)

Kristalyn said...

David submitted his entry to your contest, look at my blog. :)

Kristalyn said...

THat's so funny that my mom thought the picture was a recent one...but I can see her point, you still look that young!
I have to apologize for our entry to your contest...I promise to find a picture that you like better. :)