Thursday, March 24, 2016

Excerpts from Mom's Book

I shared a lot of excerpts from Mom's book at her funeral, and  I thought it would be nice to post some of them here. 



To write a testimonial about Barb and keep it short would be difficult. -Uncle Bill 

I love Grandma because she is so easy to talk to; she always makes you feel like you are the smartest, most advanced kid your age. Now that I have a son, she does the same thing with him. -Kristalyn



I love Mom because she never gets tired of listening! We can talk for hours and I know she is as interested at midnight as she was when we first started talking. --Babz


I love Grandma because she never fails to give me a hug every time that I see her --David, Chuck


Mom Park has always been a mother instead of a mother-in-law. --Mike


I love Mom because of all the times we've laughed until we cried. --Babz


I would hear great reports about Mrs. Park at Lapwai and be so proud to know that you were my aunt. --Jeanine


Every time Grandma & Grandpa would come to see one of my games, I wanted to play my best and try harder because they were there. --Scott


When Grandma Park used to tell me she thought I should be a soap opera star, it would make me feel handsome! --Jake


I love Grandma because of the great friendship she has with my mom. --Aspen


I remember Grandma had these wonderful boxes of trinkets that she would pull out when we came to visit. My favorite was the box of buttons. --Aspen

I love Grandma because whenever we have our "roar" after family prayers she is always the loudest one! -- Michael


We remember getting to feed the birds at your house and watching them flock to the yard to eat.--Sasha and Mickala


I love Grandma because I always knew I was her favorite! --Vince


Grandma Park has the kindest, most gentle eyes! --Jake


Mom always played nice in the early years when card games could sometimes get a bit out of hand. --Rob


I love mom because whenever we talk I feel comfortable. I am never at a loss for words; You are fun to listen to and you never pass judgement on me or disagree with anything I say. -Bruce


You and Uncle Bus were always there for us.--Jeanette


I remember when I came out to your school and set up the fish tank for you. ---Wendell


There are two sure signs that say Grandma is at my house: When I open the dishwasher to unload it, it has already been done, and on the rare occasions it's not, I find zip lock baggies in there ready to be washed. -- Katie


I have watched Grandma write cards and Christmas letters. She has erased, rewritten and erased again until it is just right. This makes me know that the cards I receive were written with much thought, and I treasure them. -Diana


I remember helping Grandma type up her very first email! She thought it was the most amazing thing that I could backspace and the text would be gone! --Kristin


I love Grandma because she has always treated me like I was one of her own granddaughters, even from the first time we met.--Meagan


I love to see how important it is to her to hear the great grandkids call her G.G.. -Brandon


Through the years Mom has endured my affectionate teasing with grace and dignity. 

--Rob


I love Grandma because no matter how much we tease her she never allows herself to be offended. --Aspen





I remember staying up late one night when Grandma and Grandpa were in town. Mom was in bed and we decided to sneak around the house to knock on her window and scare her. When Dad unexpectedly came home, we all ran into the kitchen; worried about getting in trouble, but I remember Grandma looking the most concerned and running into the kitchen the fastest. --Annie



I remember when we were in Idaho to visit and we went to get something at the store. We were on the way back to the house and Grandma stopped at a red light. While the light was still red she took off through the intersection. I was a little scared, but it was great! --Paul


I remember going to the Dixie State game one weekend in October.  Cindy was in Colorado but told me that Grandma and Grandpa were going to be at the game. I think I may have scared them when I surprised them by showing up with a beard and longer hair. I had such a good time sitting and talking with them during halftime and the third quarter.  Even without Cindy, I felt like they enjoyed talking to me and hearing how things were going.  They are the coolest older people I know.  --AJ

No comments: