Thursday, March 24, 2016

Great Grandma GG

Mom loved little kids right to the very end. And she especially loved her great grandkids. My niece’s son, Jack had a very special relationship with his Great Grandma GG. He got to spend a few days up in Lewiston last summer and she and Jack bonded in such a sweet way, as they played peek-a-boo and she held him on her lap. After they returned to Denver, Jack often mentioned that he loved and missed GG.

Babz and I were talking on the stairway the morning after the funeral when Jack joined us. Pointing to me Babz said, “Do you remember who this is?” With a nod of his head, little Jack proudly stated that I was “Great Grandma GG”. It melted my heart, even though Babz was a little embarrassed. I think she was worried that I would be offended. Quite the opposite, I felt a little like the baby skunk in Disney’s Bambi. “That’s all right. He can call me Flower (GG) if he wants to. I don’t mind!”

1 comment:

Babzanne Barker said...

Oh, I love that! I'm so grateful that Katie and Forrest and Jack got to stay with us at Mom and Dad's last summer. It meant so much to all of us.